Friday, 23 August 2013

August ICLW

Hello!

It's been a (long) while since I signed up for ICLW, probably sometime last year when we were in the midst of treatments (oh here it is...)

Flash forward a year and we are parents to twins via non-anonymous unknown s.perm donation. The potted history is just there to your right --->

And here's the post where I explained more about our story of MFI.

Far from feeling that we've 'moved past' infertility, we are now negotiating our way through raising two beautiful children whose origins are a bit out of the norm. So far we've dealt with a difficult pregnancy, some troubles in the early days and now some of the complicated early feelings and practical issues that donor conception presents us with.

Mostly though, A&P are great and we're having a lovely time. Sometimes hard stuff again rears its ugly head, but we're managing to try to get through it little by little.


7 comments:

  1. Stopping by from ICLW... congrats on the twins! I thought one was overwhelming- I can't even imagine two! The hard stuff shows up for all of us- just take it one day at a time, and enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, my worst nightmare was twins (even though I know we would have been fine), so I very much admire and respect parents of multiples. From what I gather from friends with multiples, the first year is just in a completely different league from those with singletons, but then it gets easier. You are a great mum- trust yourself and you'll be just fine. (Says she who freaked out pretty much non-stop for the first year- I wish I had listened when other, wiser, bloggers told me that I was a good mum and I had to trust myself.)

    And flying will be fine! Honestly- just imagine the worst possible scenario and whatever happens will be a breeze, and even if it really really sucks, you'll never see those people again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi from ICLW!
    I have found myself thinking that it would be nice to have twins that way, I don't have to worry about getting preggers again. Congrats on your lovelies, they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I would have loved twins until we got our daughter and I had my hands full with just one. Take it as easy as you can, don't be hard on yourself <3 Hugs from an ICLWer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there. Sounds like quite a journey. Thanks for sharing with all of us. It's great that we can all learn from and support each other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi from ICLW...congrats on your twins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wanted to thank you for blogging all of your experiences. My husband and I have picked our donor and are starting IVF. It's been so helpful to see that others had the same feelings and thoughts as us as we go through this!

    ReplyDelete